I wish it would get much cooler here! We are still wearing short-sleeves. I can't wait for the leaves to change. The colors are my favorite part of fall. This is the time of year that is my favorite - Fall comes with colors and fun things to do, then we go into Thanksgiving - family time, great food, and then to Christmas - Christ's birth, decorations, music, food, and hopefully snow!
I am already starting to think about gift giving. Please pray for me as this year will be so different for us. I am the get together with family person. I'm already starting to get homesick.
Cameron and I have been looking at our favorite Hallmark Keepsake ornaments trying to decide if we want to get regular ornaments this year or if we want to get a miniature tree and ornaments. I've been looking at my favorite Christmas store - Bronner's online to see what Jim Shore Heartwood Creek Collectibles I might want to get. We have to think of things in advance since we don't know how long the shipping will take.
Well, Here is a update.
Last weekend:
Saturday we went to teacher training. It was Cameron and I and another Korean teacher. Somanim took us. We got a bit lost. I'm not sure the town it was in - I think we went closer to the coast - more southwest. Both Cameron and I half slept in the car on the way. The mountains were a pretty view. We got there and just waited for directions on what to do. We knew from Adam and Leta that it would all be in Korean since its all of the rural schools. We both brought something to do. It wasn't very long so it wasn't too bad. After we got out they told us that this wasn't the right session - the teacher one is actually this week, but it would still count for us anyways. I think we lucked out because I think the other one is longer. After we got done we got on our way back. The drive was pleasant - we talked with Somanim. We went to lunch when we got back into Naju - galbi :o). It was very delicious! The Korean teacher's husband came with there baby - a cutie.
Sunday we finally went to English church again! We thought we were late, but we ended up getting there early - I think they changed the time since last time we were there. We met a girl named Beth. She is from Chicago and she went to Taylor University - crazy! For those of you who don't know Taylor is a neighbor school to IWU. We used to go to Upland where TU is to get ice cream at Ivanhoes. And she was there when we were - its a small world!
We had a good time of worship and stayed for Cell groups after. In Cell groups we discuss the sermon and then pray for each other - as well as get to know each other. We met a bunch of English speakers. It was a great time of fellowship. We are already talking about getting together for Thanksgiving and making as much of the normal stuff as possible. After group we went out to lunch - and had galbi again - this time it was more like bacon - but still just as delicious. I'm getting to like kimchi a little more - its the kind of food that makes your face wrinkle up when you eat it.
It was a good weekend! We decided that we are going to as regularly as possible attend English church. We would like to go to our church here in Naju, but until we learn more Korean we are just warm bodies there.
We had another holiday this week Wednesday. We mostly relaxed. I was so lazy. I have those kinds of days sometimes. We were awakened at 7am to someone talking over our intercom. All of the apartments of a speaker in the middle in the ceiling. They give announcements and I think sometimes they may have people do sales over it. Anyways - we were not too happy about this early morning one. We went on with our day - not doing much. Then around 10pm it came on again. We were like - ok whatever. Not too long after that we tried to turn on the water and..... nothing. We were trying to figure out what was going on. It didn't come back on for the rest of the night - we were hoping it would be back on in the morning so we just went to bed. It came back on for I think an hour the next morning, but by the time I got up it was off again - not good. This meant no showers, no washing dishes and no flushing the toilet. We sort of had a hunch that the guy on the speaker was telling everyone the water would be off for a while. We stopped and got a couple of big bottles of water on the way to school just in case we needed it later. When we got to school Junama looked at us funny carrying in the water. She lives in the same building we do so we asked her about it. Our suspicions were confirmed - the announcement was about the water. She said they were cleaning the tank. After school as I was walking home I was praying that the water would be back on. Cameron had gotten home earlier - as I walked in he said - The water is back on. Whew! was I glad!
No comments:
Post a Comment