Friday, October 5, 2007

Big Prayer Request!

I think some of you know that Cameron and I decided not to have children due to Cameron's Tuberous Sclerosis, which is hereditary. We took permanant action for this in the Spring of last year. We had decided that we would adopt, but Andrea is still praying that God would allow a miracle for us to have our own someday.
A few months before we left we had started the very beginning process with Social Services in South Carolina to adopt through the state. Now that we are here we have decided to try adopting internationally - mainly in Korea. Currently we are trying to find out if it is even possible for us to do that while we are here. We are hoping and praying that if it is possible to do it while we are in country that it won't be so expensive. In the states International adoption range from $20,000 to $40,000 which I don't understand to begin with.
Please pray for us as we embark on this endeavor. We already mentioned this to Somanim and she knows about it. If we stay longer than our year contract, which we are hoping will be the case - she has said having babies would be fine. She said - much cheaper, much cheaper in Korea. God knows and right now we have to have faith! Right now it just seems so unattainable!

A quick praise and prayer request regarding Cameron's medicine. I'm not sure if I blogged this or not. Cameron was able to get his medicine here. After doing a little research and working with our doctor in the states we were able to find out that it should be fine. He started taking the Tegretol this week - pray that there will be no change - so far so good! This is a very big blessing financially!

2 comments:

Matt and Silvia Decker said...

Andrea, I'm so glad I found your blog! I've been wondering how you guys were doing. We too started a blog not too long ago and we just had our son on Sept 25, 07. You're welcome to check out our blog - it's mainly a picture blog. Silvia.

Heather Durkee said...

Thanks for the update!