Friday, March 23, 2012

Temperature and Seasons

I found a site that gives the monthly averages for Arapongas.
Very cool site! I'm a little disappointed right now because I was hoping the high temperature in winter would be a little bit less. I guess I will be layering a lot. It already seems cooler at night to us - it is has been in the mid-60s. I think as our bodies adjust the temperatures will seem more extreme than they look.


http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Arapongas-weather-averages/Parana/BR.aspx

Spring
September: High 28C/82F and Low 16C/60F
October: High 30C/86F and Low 18C/64F
November: High 30C/86F and Low 19C/66F

Summer
December: High 31C/87.7F and Low 20C/68F
January: High 30C/86F and Low 21C/69.8F
February: same as January

Fall
March: High 30C/86F and Low 20C/68F
April: High 29C/84.2F and Low 18C/64F
May: High 25C/77F and Low 15C/59F

Winter
June: High 25C/77F and Low 14C/57.2F
July: High 25C/77F and 13C/55.4F
August: High 27C/80.6F and 14C/57.2F

I'm guessing that the temperatures will vary a bit since these are just the averages. In the summer it would tend to be around 90 or higher. When walking outside in the afternoon the sun would beat down with an intensity that is very new to me. Crazy that it really feels like it is closer and that much hotter. It is also very dry heat. The only time it really feels humid is when it rains on a hot day. It might feel cooler, but it gets pretty sticky.

Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to decorate by the seasons here are the seasons I am used to. It will be so strange to have my pumpkins decor out now, but even stranger to have them out when spring starts. Oh well, I guess I might as well go for it. It will seem odd at first, but I'm sure I will get used to it. Flip-flopping seasons is so weird!!!  I will say that my snow stuff will definitely come out at Christmas time - can't take the White Christmas out of a Buffalo girl!










No comments: