It's been a rough 3 weeks. I ended up with some sort of infection - bronchitis or something. I'm still coughing. I got more medicine for it, but it only seems to be working somewhat. Cameron had a cold or allergies. Thankfully he didn't get as bad as I did. He did have a miserable time with congestion and a sore throat, though. We were quite a mess. Both of us toughed it through school. It wasn't too bad. It is a bit difficult to teach with a cough or sore throat.
Thank you to all who prayed for us!
I'm excited that this year Cameron and I have actually figured out a way to surprise each other with gifts. That is something I've missed a lot. We are just together for almost everything, especially shopping. So this year we decided to separate at the store for a little while and meet up again. Not sure why we didn't think to do that last year. We haven't completely decided what we will do Christmas Day. We do have it off. We may go to a Christmas party. We are going to go a Christmas Eve party at our new friends house. We are excited about that!
We have been working on setting up some of our own traditions. With the help of our moms and the Today's Christian Woman site, we have come up with some good ideas.
Unfortunately with being sick we have missed most of the special events our church was having. That was a bit depressing. But we are working to make this a special Christmas!
Don't forget what Christmas is all about! Christ came to earth to save all of the world! Joy to the world! He gave the ultimate and free gift - his life!
John 3:16 and 17
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it."
Merry Christmas! We hope that all of our friends and family have a great Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment