Monday, November 17, 2008

Second week events.


A small view of our huge apartment complex.

We finished our second week of teaching. This week we had a little bit of a challenging schedule because Tuesday and Thursday night our students had a speech contest. We were judges. It was very interesting to see all of the students compete. Some of them took it very seriously and some did not. It was a requirement and a new event held by our academy. I think it would have been more fun had we been here longer and knew the students better, but it was fun to watch anyways. We will decide who wins Monday.

Our work week went really well. Both of us are adjusting to our classes and each day is becoming easier. I'm starting to get the hang of using the books here. They are good and we have teachers books and CDs for a lot of them. The activities are fun, but can be challenging if not timed right. I'm still working on keeping on schedule.

Thursday I woke up with a bit of a sore throat and it continued into Friday. I was concerned so I started pumping in the vitamins, Airborne and Zicam. I am on a mission not to get sick. I was sick way too much last year and do not want the same happening at this school. It seems almost inevitable working with children. I spent this weekend resting and drinking tea, juice, and soup.

It's Sunday and I'm feeling a bit better, though it still feels as if I might be fighting something. My head is a bit full, but my throat doesn't hurt too anymore. Hopefully I will beat whatever it is - hopefully it is allergy related and it won't hang on long. Pray for our health! Our insurance cards won't be ready for another couple of weeks.

We are trying to wait until our first pay in December to do much exploring around the area and in Seoul. We still haven't gone on a hike up the mountain that is next to our complex. I've been wanting to, but it's always bad weather, busy or trying not to get sick. I really would like to go before all of the leaves have fallen.

That is all for this week. We hope that everyone is having a great fall! Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming fast! I'm already enjoying Christmas music and I think I might be crazy and put my tree up this week. :o) Blessings!

No comments: