Thursday, May 8, 2008

Life goes on.

Hey everyone,
I figured I would put in a quick update before I get ready for work. I'm avoiding grading tests.
We are on the 9 month mark. Only 3 months left. 12 weeks to be exact.
We are excited about our trip home. We will be going to Michigan, taking a quick trip to SC, having a little fun in Orlando, visiting Brazil for a month, then back to Michigan. There are a few other trips in there. You don't know how much you miss friends and family until you are on the other side of the world.
Our lives have pretty much been "same old, same old." Once in a while our classes might change, but we have been in the groove of how things work for a while. We might have an exciting or stressful moment once in a while, but life has been fairly regular. Spring came, the flowers bloomed and it was beautiful. There are still a few trees, bushes, and flowers blooming. Hopefully some color will continue through. We have a rain here and there. The weather has gotten quite warm. The last couple of weeks have shown us low and high 80s. Not something we were expecting so "early." Thankfully the last few days have been cooler - in the high 70s.
Last weekend was a 3 day weekend for Children's Day. This is the main gift giving day for the kids here. It is the cultural replacement for Christmas. I think most of the older children get money. We relaxed Saturday, went to church Sunday and hung out with some friends after church. It was nice. The rain caught us without umbrellas. We have found that if we bring our umbrellas it doesn't rain and if we don't take our umbrellas it rains. At least that was the case this weekend. I now have 3 umbrellas. I had a fourth that I bought in Busan, but it broke while we were in Busan. Monday we also just relaxed.
We keep telling ourselves we will get up and take a walk around the lake, but so far it hasn't happened. I would like to take one more walk up the mountain before we leave. It would be nice to go at night and see what its like. There are lights on the trail. Since we haven't been motivated to get out of the house for excercise, besides our normal walks to work, I ordered some Tae Bo dvds. Those will hopefully be arriving in our next and last package from home. My Mom and Dad have been so helpful in getting items for us!
We hope everyone is having a great year! We have found out how fast time flies. I keep looking back on the months and wondering where they went.

No comments: