Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I forgot!

I forgot to post about our Thanksgiving!
It was a blast! Toting our food to Gwangju was a challenge, but we succeeded without breaking anything. I made sweet potato soufle' with korean sweet potatoes and a tossed salad. The sweet potatoes were a hit! Defnitely different than home, but they were still delicious. I'm definitely going to make them again soon. I'm hoping to make a ham for Christmas if I can find one - if not then I might have to do turkey.
We also had turkey, of course, stuffing, creamed corn, carrots, fresh veggies. There were also some Korean and Philippino dishes. Since I could - I stuck with the American dishes. It was so good! We had a great time of fellowship. I took a bunch of pictures.
Please pray for our friend Beth. She has been sick off and on since she got here. They haven't been able to figure out what she has. She has been pushing through. The craziest thing about us being friends is that she went to Taylor the same time we were at IWU. Taylor is in Upland which is about 30 min. from IWU. It is such a small world.
Our Christmas tree is a little cheery part of our apartment. I decorated it with blue, gold, and silver garland with gold and red balls. I also found a few ornaments at Khumo world. They are really cute. I might get a few more, but I'm not sure. It also has a silver star on top. I wanted to get a little nativity, but I haven't seen one that is very nice. I might get the one we saw at Emart even though its kind of cheesy looking. There really aren't many places to get decorations - just random places here and there. Emart has a little section with some ornaments and trees. Really not much and the ornaments look really cheap. The silk flower shops/stands are where to find the nicer ornaments. Some of the stores downtown Gwangju have decorations. There are some sections with lights as well. Shinsegae department store/mall has a huge light display all around it. Its very different here! Its hard to remember its Christmastime at times.
I think that is it for now about Christmas and Thanksgiving. Let us know if you have any questions regarding anything we have forgotten. I'm going to do a post on some questions my aunt asked me.

No comments: